Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Da Bait Shoppe

I've actually been meaning to put this post together for some time.  As my co-workers know, I've been logging a few hours in the ol' basement trying to get my tackle in order.  Prior to what you see in the picture on the left I had all my tackle in various gallon sized zip lock bags and then those bags were piled into my Cabela's Super Magnum tackle bag.  While that is/was certainly effective, I realized that I probably don't need to carry 9 bags of Zoom Trick Worms.  Plus, how is a guy supposed to take proper inventory if he can't clearly see what he even has?!

So I ventured out to my friendly home improvement store to purchase some peg board and hooks.  Its not exactly Alligator Board but then I'm not.....well not anyone really.  Nope I am a full fledged wanna be professional bass angler guy that has an passion (or according to my gal an "obsession") for all things fishing.  The result of this passobsession is a decent start on a collection of tackle.

I'm actually quite pleased with the result thus far.  It's been a lot easier to really understand what I do and don't have.  I guess the down side is that I realized I have far less inventory in some of my favorite lures.  Fortunately for me Tackle Warehouse is a mere click away.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is nice. Wish I had one. Always knowing what you have, and what you are going to run out of is another added bonus. I hate having to take plastics out of bags and lay them out to find out what exactly I have.

    ReplyDelete