Friday, February 24, 2012

Hack Attacks Big Gamble

So on a recent Bass Talk Live show (1/17/12 I think) they had Greg Hackney on to talk about the classic. In that interview he said that "the classic is going to be won fishing close to the launch. The fishing is too good close to make a long run. Unless something changes anyone making a long run won't be in contention".

Well I remember thinking to myself that maybe just maybe Hack was sandbagging and that when the classic finally got underway we would see him make a long run. He's kind of a joker personality so you juste never know when he's serious or joking. Well anyway it seems that he has in fact made a long run. According to the liveBlog he hasn't even wet a line as of 10:23am. I sure hope whatever he is doing pays off for him. It seems like a huge risk. I just wonder if he isn't over thinking it. Having only an hour to try and catch a limit seems tough. I know it's feasible for a pro like him to do it but when you are fishing against KVD and gang who are putting in a full day actually fishing versus driving......I don't know, seems like a tall order.

Well just see what happens at the weigh in.

UPDATE: well it would appear that his bet paid off. Hack weighed in a very respectable 13-15 on day one. It's still very early in the weigh in but it's looking like he'll be inside the top 15 with that bag.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment