Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dobyns Rods It Is






The rod hunt is over! Yeah it didn't exactly take very long. As of yesterday I am the proud owner of two Dobyn's rods. Gotta say, I'm very excited.
I hadn't indented on buying two rods. No, honest I really didn't. It started with an invite by two of my brother-in-laws to visit Capra's with them. I had never been and according to these two fine members of the BC Pro Staff, it is a store unlike any other. Variety and deals abound. I wasn't disappointed.
I had particular interest in visiting Capra's because they carry G. Loomis, Fenwick, St. Croix and Dobyn's rods. This was a great opportunity for me to be able to really compare all the various lines I had been thinking about. It didn't take long for me to land on Dobyn's being my next rod brand of choice.
I was able to check out the Savvy line and the Champion line of spinning rods. Unfortunately they didn't have any casting rods in stock. Both lines were exceptional. Well balanced. High quality. Extremely light. I ended up picking up a Champion 702 SF and a Savvy SS 703 SF.
The Champion 702 SF is a Medium Light rod with Fast action. I am actually going to use it as a drop shot rod even though it says it is more for shaky, darter heads, ect.
The Savvy SS 703 SF is a Medium rod with Fast action. This is going to be a really versatile rod for me. I plan on using it for almost every application. No limits on this bad boy.
The Champion retails for $240 and the Savvy $160. But that isn't what I paid on this fateful day at Capra's. I paid $160 for the Champion and $99 for the Savvy! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Both rods are brand new. Both rods are backed by a lifetime warranty. Both rods are amazing and are going to catch me tons-o-fish.
It was a terrific deal. Now to put them to the test in less than 4 days on Lake Fork.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment