Monday, March 5, 2012

The Fork Report

I've got important breaking news! Josh "Aaron Martens" Anderson has committed to the Lake Fork trip.  That now makes 3 members of the Bass Chronicles pro staff making the trip down south for some big ol' bass.  Having Josh decide to come along makes the entire trip so much better on a variety of levels.  He brings a lot of humor to things and if you check out his profile, he's deadly accurate with a spinning rod.  It will be great to have three guys throwing three different things so that we can zero in on the bite that much faster.  While we'd like to have a full roster, the trip was planned on very short notice so we will take what we can get.

And if that wasn't enough great news for one day, the fishing reports coming in from Fork right now are signaling a lake that is going to fish really strong over the next 4+ weeks.  Water temps right now are ranging from 55 in the morning to 62 as the day gets on.  Guides on the lake are starting to consistently catch fish up in shallow water, think less than three or four feet of water.  While the spinnerbait, chatterbait and lipless rattle trap continue to solid offerings, we are starting to see a spattering people getting healthy catches on Zoom Trick Worms and Baby Brush Hogs.  Interestingly enough the drop shot is apparently heating up.  Josh actually called his Babe Ruth shot today shortly after confirming he was making the trip.  He has predicted that he will catch a 13+ while drop shotting a Jackall Crosstail Shad.  I gotta say, I like his style.

In addition to the soft plastics picking up momentum I was excited to see that other colors outside of Black/Blue are being discussed.  Trick worms, brush hogs and Havoc Craw Fatty are catching big fish in the watermelon candy and green pumpkin colors.  This gets me pumped because I have a lot of those three baits in those two colors.  In fact, the Havoc Craw Fatty is a bait that I have a lot of confidence in.  We absolutely whacked them on Vermilion last year with the Craw Fatty in watermelon candy.

I'll be trying to shoot as much HD video leading up to and during our trip.  I hope to be able to post it up each evening on the blog but we'll see how that goes once we get down there.  We are staying in a very remote area in Eastern Texas.  I'm told we have wireless internet at our cabin but I have no idea what the connection speed will even be like.  With any luck I'll be up and running and can give full reports each evening.

Stay tuned for more TFR in the near future.  I am certain that we will continue to make crazy predictions and I can't wait to look back and see which ones we hit on and which we missed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment