Sunday, March 4, 2012

Major League Fishing Thoughts

Amistad. Great fishery but would have preferred something these guys hadn't fished before, especially when there are only 24 competing.

Love the small boats (18 footers w/ 150's, Nitro Z-7's), no practice time. Why do I like this? Because it shows can catch great fish without having to drop 70k on a bass boat. I wish BASS went to smaller boats.

KVD catches 2 within first 15 minutes. He's unreal.

The live update on catches is AWESOME. I'm not sure if guys where playing it up for the camera but it clearly messes with some of the anglers heads.

Aaron Martens, love him but man he is a whiner...and Ehler must be a relative because they share that trait.

The zones and periods is an interesting concept (3 periods). I'm not sure how the zones work but I like it.

KVD never just reels in his 6xd crank bait. He is constantly flicking the rod or making swift down strokes as he reels. Oh he is also fishing a jerk bait, that might explain it then.

These guys can read a graph better than I can read Wired2Fish

The catch, weigh and release Is a beautiful thing. When you've got the live leader board you don't need the end of day weigh in. I think this is an improvement.

I understand the commercials but at the same time I don't. It is pay-per-view, should I really have to watch commercials?! I admit, seeing the Jack Links Sasquatch sitting there farting is pretty darn funny.

Wow, Alabama rig is in full effect; Ehler, Quinn, Hackney all throwing it

1st episode was 114 minutes long. Certainly getting my moneys worth if they all end up being that length

Not sure about "Lurch". Terrible nickname.

Ehler read his graph, made his adjustment, switched to spinning tackle and lands a 5 pounder. Impressive example of a pro reading conditions and adapting

Some of the camera work could be a little better. Pretty darn good overall but some of the off angle shots make me dizzy

Have to finish 4th or better to advance out of the group. Group 1 came down to the wire. Jason Quinn and KVD nearly double the weight of the lower end guys. Ehler and Martens duked it out for that critical 4th place. It was actually really fun to watch.

I had some technical difficulties with the feed but that may not have been MLF, could be Comcast. It would be great to be able to download the shows so I didn't have to stream them. I'll have to email them about that.

This was the "random thoughts" blog post today, sorry about that. I was jotting stuff down as it came to mind.

In summary, it's worth the $18. While I've never been a huge Boyd Duckett fan, this MLF deal was a great idea. I liked pretty much everything about it. In fact the true litmus test is; am I excited to watch the next round?

The answer my friends is yes. (if you thought I was going to say blowin' in the wind....you're on the wrong blog)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment